For most people the buying of a new home or the selling of your existing home can be very stressful.
We appreciate the importance of communication with everyone involved in the process, the importance of acting quickly so there are no avoidable delays, and most importantly, in providing a value-for-money service.
Usually a house purchase or sale involves a chain of transactions which extends beyond your immediate control. Timing, negotiation and understanding all play a vital part in achieving a successful outcome.
We offer a high-quality property service which is responsive and competitively priced. We have many years of experience and know how to help transactions proceed smoothly and quickly.
In addition to buying and selling, our solicitors can also assist with the following:
- Transfer of Equity
- Garage Purchases and Sales
- Land Sales and Purchases
- Reviewing Auction pre-purchase documentation
- Drafting of Auction pre-purchase documentation
- Declarations of Trust
- Equity Release
- Lease Extension
If you are interested in any of these services please email email@example.com or call the office on 01344 425637 and we will be pleased to provide you with a cost estimate or answer any queries you may have.
Stages of the Conveyancing Process
- Check that finances are in place to fund the purchase and contact the lender’s solicitors if needed
- Receive and advise on the contract documents
- We will carry out searches
- Obtain further planning documentation if required
- Make any necessary enquiries of seller’s solicitor
- Give you advice on all documents and information received
- Go through the conditions of the mortgage offer with you
- We will send the final contract to you for signature
- Agree a completion date (date from which you own the property)
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Complete the purchase
- Deal with the payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax
- Deal with the application for registration at the Land Registry
How long will my house purchase take?
The average process takes between 10-16 weeks. It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain.
For example, if you are a first time buyer, purchasing a new build property with a mortgage in principle, it could take 10 weeks. However, if you are buying a leasehold property that requires an extension of the lease, this can take significantly longer, between 3 and 5 months.
Our solicitor fee makes a number of assumptions:
- That this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
- That this is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease.
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complications arise.
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation.
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
- Freehold Sales (examples 1 and 2 in PDF)
- Freehold Purchases (examples 3 and 4 in PDF)
- Leasehold Sales (examples 5 and 6 in PDF)
- Leasehold Purchases (example 7 in PDF)
- Shared-Ownership Sales (example 8 in PDF)
- Shared-Ownership Purchases (example 9 in PDF)
- Freehold New Build Purchases (example 10 in PDF)
- Transfers of Equity and Re-Mortgage (example 11 in PDF)
To calculate your liability for Stamp Duty Land Tax, please visit the following link: